This recipe is from our chocolate loving German volunteer Sabrina Kerz.
For the brownies:
- 1kg dark chocolate
- 600g butter
- 400g sugar
- 2 small packages of vanilla sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 10 eggs
- 400g flour
- 100g food starch
- 2tsps baking powder
For the cream:
- 250g butter
- 1 package of vanilla pudding + ingredients mentioned on the package
- 50g sugar
- Preheat the oven on 180°C
- Cut and melt the chocolate with the butter. One possibility is to put the chocolate and butter in a bowl and put it on top of a pot with hot water. The other option is to melt smaller quantities in a glass bowl in the microwave. But be careful to use not the full power (20%) and check in the beginning every 30s and then every 10s. The chocolate should not get too hot, so stop as soon as it is molten!
- When everything is well mixed add slowly flour, food starch and baking powder. Be careful to mix especially
- slowly in the beginning.
- Put everything on a baking tray with baking paper. Put in the preheated oven for around 30min.
- !!! Do not leave in too long, otherwise the Brownies get to dry!!!
- Cook the vanilla pudding as described on the package but add 50g of sugar
- Leave the pudding and brownies to cool down completely
- Start beating the butter. Important: it should be at room temperature! Add step by step the vanilla pudding and keep beating until it is creamy.
- Put the butter cream on top of the brownies, cut them into pieces and your most amazing brownies are finished.