The Pineapple Chicken Stew comes from our Indonesian VolunTube volunteer, Antony Satria, who has cooked us a lot of wonderful dishes from his country. He is staying in IDC as he creates and develops his audiovisual project. Try this recipe out and take your tastebuds for a little trip to Southeast Asia!
1 whole chicken
1/2 pineapple (cubes)
1/2 cans of coconut milk
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon chili paste
1/2 lemon (sliced)
5 potatoes (cubes and boiled until tender)
5 carrots (peeled and sliced like matchsticks)
5 garlic cloves
3 spring onions
1 green bell pepper
1 piece of ginger
3 pieces lemon grass
5 pieces of lemon basil
- Wash the chicken and cut into small pieces corresponding the portion.
- Boil the chicken with garlics, onions and ginger (20 minutes until the broth out).
- Saute green pepper with olive oil until fragrant.
- Put a stew of chicken and together with the broth to the pan along with sauteed peppers.
- Mix the coconut milk, curry powder ,chili paste, and chili powder, lemon grass leaves. Cook for 15 minutes .
- Put the lemon (sliced), pineapple (cubes) and lemon basil leaves. Cook for 5 minutes and serve.