|Learn more about volunteer works and summer workcamps and its impact on the youth by watching this video made by our VolunTube volunteers, Sefty and Tony from Indonesia:||« >|
IDC has taken active part in various EVS (and now ESC) projects since 2014. This is part of our commitment to providing new opportunities for learning and capacity building for the children and young adults.
Throughout the year, we send volunteers from our community to other partner organizations and we also receive volunteers from different parts of the world in our campsite. We aim to create an atmosphere of cultural exchange and widen the global perspectives of our volunteers.
Some of our volunteering projects:
- EthikMind 2016 (long-term EVS)
- Act Green 2017 – 2018 (long-term EVS)
- Minimal Lifestyle 2019 – 2020 (short-term EVS)
- Be Green 2019 – 2021 (long-term ESC)
- Rural Discovery 2020 – 2022 (long-term ESC)
- OPEN CALL 4 VOLUNTEERS! Wake Up and Design your Future 2021 -2023 (long-term ESC)
- Second Chance 2021 (volunteering teams ESC)
- OPEN CALL 4 VOLUNTEERS! Have Less, Live More 2021 – 2023 (short-term ESC)
- Hands-On Nature 2022 (volunteering teams ESC)
- Hands-On Resilience 2022 (volunteering team ESC)
- Mushroom Growing 2022-2023 (long-term ESC)
Our educational focus is on teaching in the outdoors and promoting eco-friendly practices and environmental preservation. In the projects we are involved in we always aim to increase youth employability, promote education on sustainable development, develop communications skills, and encourage intercultural exchange.
Depending on the objectives of the project, the volunteer activities can be adapted to the individual’s skills and experience. These activities could include the following:
- Animal and garden care
- Organizing workshops and animations for schools and local community
- Participating in daily community life by cooking for everyone and cleaning
- Sharing knowledge and experience as volunteers
- Sharing about the best practices on resilient and low-impact living
- Participating in youth exchanges organized and hosted by the cooperative
- Mushroom growing with coffee waste
- Video-making and communication tasks
- Participating in building a positive and multicultural atmosphere
Check our Infopack 2022 to know more about our philosphy and volunteer program! SOON!
If you want to be part of our team of volunteers, please check our lastest calls on our Facebook page, and/or send us an email to [email protected], explaining if you would like to do a short or long-term mission, or volunteering team, and for which activities or profile you would like to apply.