|Learn more about volunteer works and summer workcamps and its impact on the youth by watching this video made by our VolunTube volunteers, Sefty and Tony from Indonesia:||“>|
IDC has taken active part in various EVS projects since 2014. This is part of our commitment to providing new opportunities for learning and capacity building for the children and young adults.
Throughout the year, we send volunteers from our community to other partner organizations and we also receive volunteers from different parts of the world in our campsite. We aim to create an atmosphere of cultural exchange and widen the global perspectives of our volunteers.
Our educational focus is on teaching in the outdoors and promoting eco-friendly practices and environmental preservation. In the projects we are involved in we always aim to increase youth employability, promote education on sustainable development, develop communications skills, and encourage intercultural exchange.
Depending on the objectives of the project, the volunteer activities can be adapted to the individual’s skills and experience. These activities could include the following:
- Hosting clients and supporting the local staff in the logistics
- Organizing events and activities
- Participating in daily life by cooking for everyone and cleaning
- Sharing knowledge and experience as volunteers
- Sharing about the best practices on eco-friendly living
- Organizing eco-workshops
- Participating in youth exchanges organized and hosted by the cooperative
- Participating in building a positive and multicultural atmosphere
Currently, IDC is involved in the following Erasmus+ projects: